The WorkOne Center is the heart of the workforce development system. It's where WorkOne staff help you find a new or better job, choose a career, access training or get the information needed to succeed in today's job market. Visit us and find out what our friendly associates can do for you.
The WorkOne System offers free, personalized services to help you keep pace with a changing world. Whether you are looking for a new job, considering a change in employment, or developing a plan for your career, WorkOne can be your source for information, referrals, placement assistance and skill-enhancing services.
We will provide all customers with the highest quality job search assistance and skills development, enabling you to receive the best job at the highest wage possible, thus providing employers with highly skilled job candidates.
Check out our latest WorkOne West Central Career Magazine
Local Job Fairs
- Keep checking for local job fairs.
And click here for job fair advice
Available at WorkOne Centers -
- One-on-one job search assistance to help each customer meet his/her employment goals
- Staff teams help customers develop 'Individual Employment Plans' to establish appropriate career goals that are aligned to Indiana's Occupations in Demand list and detail specific plans for skill development activities and job search strategies
- Register for Employment/Update on Indiana Career Connect
- We will assess needs of customers by identifying skills, aptitudes, interests, and supportive service needs and identifying services available to address these barriers
- Self-registration for job leads
- Free computer access including internet access
- Resources for filing unemployment
- Customized training programs - occupational skills upgrade and retraining
- Top Critical Occupations resource
- SkillPort is your 24x7 gateway to learning resources for skills improvement, professional development, performance support, and more. Use SkillPort’s easy-to-navigate interface to find answer to questions, develop professional skills, and take targeted learning. To register for FREE SkillPort e-Learning course, please stop by your nearest WorkOne Center. You will need to have a picture I.D. and verification of your social security number with you at the time of your initial visit.
- WorkOne Workshops at NO COST
Special Service Programs -
- Veteran Services
- Dislocated worker services due to plant closing and layoffs
- Help for People with Disabilities
- Trade Adjustment Act Services
- Business & Professional Exchange - A fellowship dedicated to assisting white collar professionals re-enter the labor market